La Maison Fabre was created in 1920 by Henri Fabre Sr. in the village of Besse sur Issole. At that time the company was already selling wine from Provence and the rest of France, carefully selected by the founder. He quickly became the largest wholesaler in the South of France. After the acquisition of Château de la Clapière in 1928 and Château de L’Aumérade in 1932, Henri Fabre Senior focused exclusively on his wineries. He was one of the first to own a bottling line and devoted his life to the recognition of Côtes de Provence. His son Louis Fabre joined him in the 50's and helped develop the business in France and abroad. Louis Fabre and Henri Fabre Junior are now focusing on developing the company following the path drawn by their ancestor.